Though Mr Jefferson sets up each of these segments in the form of a question - his real agenda is exposed as he seeks out to answer his questions on BEHALF OF Obama. In the process it is the Black Community that is left holding "Obama Marketing Material". The greatest disappointment of the series is that it is not written from the perspective of the Black community (ie: standing within the community). This is most evident by the absolute lack critical inspection or any points of failure. Just as is the case with Essence Magazine given Obama a "B" for Education - we cannot mistake the grade assigned to the administration with the present state of any of these issues as expressed by the Black community.
(Note: The typically rebuttal that is heard at this point is that 'Obama is the present of the entire nation, not just the Black community". I reject this argument because the same machine that Obama is leading at the national level is the same machine that controls all of the institutions in Black America. When you are presently being summoned to "Stand with Obama" in your local votes - the operatives within are merely asking you to vote for the MACHINE, tucking in your local grievances and take one for the party. Simply put - you can't have it both ways. The Black community can't bear it any longer.)
An Interview With The US Justice Department, Civil Rights Division
Cord Jefferson conducts an interview with Thomas Perez, Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, reporting to Attorney General Eric Holder.
As expected the story is told from the vantage point of a newly revived Civil Rights Division now that a "favorable President and Favorable AG" are back on the scene protecting the interests of the "protected classes" of people from systematic discrimination.
While this posting will focus upon the civil rights sanctions against the school district of Monroe Louisiana I must make note of some of the other examples that were brought up as "civil rights accomplishments":
- While the Police Department of New Orleans is being monitored for their actions by corrupt police officers in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and beyond there was no mention of the "favorable" municipal administration in New Orleans for at least the past 40 years. Despite this fact the police department has been a cesspool for corruption. New Orleans remains as a violent city. Unfortunately the assaults suffered by the Black community won't be registered as "civil rights violations" for reasons none other than the race of the assailant disqualify him as a "civil rights violator" despite registering the same deadly results.
- The claim was made that Black communities where TARGETED with "toxic financial products" (ie: mortgages). "They were being charged higher rates BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE". It is important for Mr Perez to make the case that their race was the most significant contributing factor because this places the indictment upon the banks that should have known better. Little is said about the mortgage broker - the majority of whom operated upon the "confidence" that was built up with the Black mortgage loan seeker. The commonality of their race being used to gain favor. (Note - this is from my own personal observations of seeing how the mortgage broker market became the "Financial Independence" vehicle at so many "opportunity meetings. I am not saying that the banks and the feds failed in their due diligence to inspect the "paper" that was being received. My argument is that Mr Perez and people who think like him are guilty of putting forth ambiguous points of information. Leaving out the RACE of the mortgage brokers perpetuates the tale that 'White bankers' schemed all by themselves to steal the money and homes from Black people. There have been several federal prosecutions of fraudulent house flippers who conspired with home inspectors and others to extract money out of houses in certain communities. ).
- Hate Crimes - Black people suffer far more "civil rights violations" which result in assault, murder or terror of our communities that are NOT called "civil rights violations" for no other reason than the assailant was Black. In their calculus the common effects on our community is irrelevant. They only care that the assailant is White for them to be judged a 'civil rights violation. In California the fastest growing "hate crimes" are between Blacks and Hispanics.
In summary (before I go into the main rebuttal of my post) from this article we cannot conclude that the Black community is more safe today as a result of:
- The increased budget to the US Justice Civil Rights Division
- The increased number of cases that they have decided to take up (note - the Metro Atlanta Civil Rights Pharisees in Atlanta have filed paperwork with US Justice to have the "Cracker Barrel White Man" brought up on hate crimes charges after he pleaded guilty to 3 misdemeanors and will server 6 months in jail instead of the felonies that could have landed him in jail for 42 years. If US Justice accepts this case after a slate of "favorable judges and district attorney in 100% Democrat run Clayton County Georgia accepted the terms then this would be akin to the local prosecutorial misconduct that the US Justice Department was originally formed to put in check)
- The listing of preferred indictments
The only thing that we can conclude is that the typical "Progressive who is a Democrat who is Black" is quite pleased that the US Justice Department is carrying out "their kind of justice".
I have a full video library of "Black people crying on the evening news" which shows that "their kind of justice" does not fully cover the broad array of assaults that the Black community suffers from. Instead we should look at this as a join "pat on the back".
The Saga Of "Racism" In The High Schools In Monroe Louisiana
Mr Perez from the Civil Rights Division adds a feather into his cap with regards to his actions down in Monroe Louisiana.
He makes the case of one high school that is 100% Black and the other high school that is 50% White. The "White" high school has Advanced Placement courses, thus allowing their students to get an edge on college admissions. Then there is the Black high school that has been denied their right to equal treatment as expressed by the lack of AP courses. The Justice Department swoops in and notes this unfairness and thus forces the (bigoted) school system to "do right" by the Black students.
Sadly Cord Jefferson was so content in making a check list for the Obama Administration's benefit that he did not bother to do any investigation of his own. Such is life.
In my own research I have concluded that the "White" high school in question is: "Neville High School". I was not able to pin point which "100% Black" high school Mr Perez was speaking of because, unfortunately Monroe has two candidates which are identified by their failing performance more than their racial make up: Wossman High School and Carroll High School
The table below details the "vital statistics as the basis for my arguments:
(Click to see school
|N/A||2 of 10||2 of 10||9 of 10|
|Racial Make Up||Black 46%|
|100% Black||55% Black |
|Per Pupil Spending||$8,909||$8,593||$8,593||$8,593|
|9th Grade Proficiency||English 65%|
|10th Grade Proficiency||Math 73%|
|11th Grade Proficiency||Science 61%|
Social Study 62%
Social Study 44%
Social Study 28%
View Larger Map
Using the table above as a reference - Which points of fact represent the greatest molestation of the goal of the Black community to insure that a new crop of young people will one day rise to become the professional service agents within our community thus allowing us to obtain and sustain a high standard of living?
- The fact that Wossman and Carroll don't have Advance Placement courses while Neville does?
- The fact that Wossman and Carroll are posting academic proficiency results among their entire student body that is far, far, far larger than any population of students taking AP courses stand to benefit from?
I think you know my answer.
This is what I call "Ideologically Based Cherry Picking". As the new consciousness that has taken over the US Justice Department Civil Rights Division decided to go into the Monroe Louisiana School District to seek out how Black people were being "damaged" they couldn't bring themselves to look at the problems within the "all Black schools" and make note that this is indeed an "injury to Black people" but one that they can't claim as a "civil rights" violation based upon systematic racism. Instead they were forced to go to where the WHITE PEOPLE receive their public education. They didn't have an indictment over the per pupil funding because IT WAS EQUAL across all schools. Instead the best thing that they could come up with is the demand for Advanced Placement courses in the 43% White school that was absent in the 100% Black school.
Then Senator Obama warned America about the damage that would come to Black people if they were allowed to remain in schools "all by themselves". He said this in his "race speech" in Philadelphia. It is clear to me that his ignorance in this matter regarding Black people being "all by ourselves" has spilled over into his Civil Rights Division.
I struggle to understand why certain people with a certain ideology prefer to focus upon the portion of Black kids who need government servicing to allow them to get into elite, Ivy League Schools while they are inclined to offer little to the "Wide Middle" of Black America who's fortunes would be improved if efforts were made to manage their academic experiences - allowing them to get into a mid-level state school in greater numbers. I assure you that our communities would be better served if 1 million new Black college students were made from individuals who now stop at a high school diploma along with 2 million people graduating high school that would have other wise dropped out rather than putting the energies of the civil rights struggle behind Affirmative Action in allowing elite Black students to make it into schools with highly competitive admissions policies.
It seems that some people are content at fighting at the point of fracture with White people rather than considering the far more encompassing and enduring issues that are left waining.
The review series posted by The Root.com regarding the "benefits' received by Black America from the Obama Administration did not do any favors for our community's interests beyond assuring our continued support for this president and the machine that he sits atop of.
Sadly our interests are being hijacked by people who rather deliberately look past the need for comprehensive solutions and the methodology of how to carry it out.
If I was the head of the US Department Of Justice I would walk the case of the High Schools Of Monroe LA over to the US Department of Education and demand that they take up this cause - primarily by working with the local officials to engaged the ADULTS in the community to provide better management guidance as to the academic careers and consciousness of their young people.